What do you get when you mix mace and Windex? No, not the lachrymatory agent and popular ammonia window treatment! (well, maybe, see answers below…) This mixture is actually good for your eyes – – unless as previously mentioned, you keep them crossed too long.
Instructions: Click to enlarge image. Cross your eyes until the image >POPS<, try moving head closer and farther from screen if it isn’t working
There was only one thing wrong with the 3D images we presented to you last week: they weren’t big enough! These babies are so sweet, we just had to show them to you in their full glory. What’s the cherry on top, you ask? Why it’s an exclusive Halo Diehards interview with the eye magic-maker himself. Introducing, Mace Windex, 3D Halo Image maker:
10 Questions with Mace Windex
1. Approximately how many hours of Halo do you play a week?
It used to be around 6 or so, but with the recent inability to access created screenshots, it’s dropped quite a bit. *cough*battlefield3cough*
2. Where did you get the idea for 3D screenshots?
I was looking at stereoscopic 3D nature shots online, then read up on how they were created. They’re usually taken with a special rig, but as I thought about it, a Theater Mode-shaped lightbulb went off over my head.
3. How do/did you go about coming up with your idea?
See above. It took a few days of trial and error, but once I had it down, I was off and running.
4. What’s the most memorable thing that has happened while you were playing Halo on LIVE?
Tied between a 1 hour Nades and Spades match involving me and my friend vs 2 Bungie employees/being accidentally betrayed by bs angel with a Plasma Grenade. The latter is like a kiss from a unicorn.
5. Have you created other Halo content?
Tons of stuff. Some music/artwork for various bungie.net contests. Some of it here:
6. If you knew Earth were going to get glassed one year from today, what would you do with that year?
Start stocking up on Windex, of course.
7. What are your thoughts on – – Grunts?
I love shooting Grunts, they are the fabric that hold the Halo gameplay experience together. My first experience with a suicide Grunt was an awesome OH SHIT moment, my first experience with the Grunt Birthday Party skull made me giggle.
8. List some people who inspire you and why.
Devin Townsend. If someone is that good at several different things, you either get discouraged and give up, or try and learn from them.
9. How long have you been creating your Halo content and how many have you created?
About 4 years now, see question 5.
10. Are you in a Halo clan? Why?
Nein, randoms all the way.
Thanks, Mace, for sharing your killer talent with us. We applaud the time and effort it takes to create. And now, without further ado, The Galleries:
(forge giants created by xSoGx Grim)
3 comments for “Halo Diehards Spotlight: Mace Windex, 3D Imagery”